Reminder all, group meeting at noon tomorrow. Please each bring a small slide set to show the latest!

Ben

=====
Ben Jones
Assistant Professor of Physics
University of Texas at Arlington
817-272-2295
=====

On Oct 1, 2018, at 1:09 PM, Jones, Benjamin <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

Hi all,

If people do not object, I would like to hold our regular Friday group meeting on Wednesday this week. It appears that 12-1 is free for most people.  Does anyone object strongly?

There are two reasons for the temporary change:

1) So that Dave can join for the meeting and see what we’ve been up to.  In this regard, please prep a few slides (more than 2 but not more than 5), to summarize what has been going on lately - and summarize a little more than the usual weekly report;

2) The second reason is I’d like everyone who is interested to be able to attend the College of Science event below.  Among the names in the word-cloud below (and who presumably we will learn something about there) are:
- Marie Curie, the discover of radioactivity;
- Maria Goeppert Meyer, the first proposer of double beta decay; and
- Irene Joliot Curie, who made and identified the first artificial radioisotopes
They created our field and we should go and hear about them!

=====
Ben Jones
Assistant Professor of Physics
University of Texas at Arlington