View this email in a browser

Office of the President, UT Arlington

Dear Members of the President’s Advisory Board:

I am writing to let you know that we will be announcing, later today, the appointment of Dr. Elizabeth I. Merwin as the next Dean of the College of Nursing and Health Innovation at UTA. Dr. Merwin was selected through a national search that led to a group of extremely distinguished and accomplished candidates being brought to campus for interviews from a deep and well qualified pool.

Dr. Merwin is currently serving as the executive vice dean of the School of Nursing at Duke University where she is also the Ann Henshaw Gardiner Professor of Nursing, and has a concurrent appointment as professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at Duke University’s School of Medicine. Dr. Merwin is an accomplished nursing and health services researcher whose work has focused on improving care for underserved and rural populations, particularly minorities and those from rural communities. With consistent funding from the National Institutes of Health and other prominent agencies over the last 25 years, her research has centered on improving access and outcomes of care, reducing shortages of health professionals in rural and underserved areas, and identifying strategies to increase the diversity within the health field. She has a distinguished record of scholarship, research and teaching, including the initiation of impactful and innovative practices, and brings tremendous depth of leadership and vision to our College and the University. I am confident that she will not only lead the College to new heights of excellence but will also further propel the University on its path to pre-eminence through her work across our theme areas, and through engagement with the community.

Thank you for your support as we completed this important search.

Sincerely,

Vistasp M. Karbhari

Vistasp M. Karbhari

-

Office of the President300 Davis Hall • Box 19125 • Arlington, Texas 76019-0125

[log in to unmask] • 817-272-2101 (voice) • 817-272-5656 (fax)