Colleagues,

In the Spring, the Center for Theory will award an undergraduate and graduate paper of the year award. This will have a scholarship along with it - I am thinking that it will be $200, but I will have to confirm the budget after January 1. If you teach a theory class (broadly defined), I am going to ask that you nominate one student from each theory class that you teach. Then we will have a two person committee for both undergraduate and graduate papers. While you are grading this Fall, please keep this in mind and set aside your best paper.

Since we will do this in the Spring before the end of the semester, I think it would be best to use a calendar year from the due date instead of an academic year.

If you teach a theory class, send me an email. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
David

David Arditi
Associate Professor of Sociology