Sorry, please forgive the typo in 2, the day for this is Thursday.
=====
Ben Jones
Assistant Professor of Physics
University of Texas at Arlington
817-272-2295
=====

On Jan 29, 2019, at 8:51 PM, Jones, Benjamin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi all,

Following our People’s Choice Award for Best Looking Research Group on Campus, we have visits from two film crews in the near future:

1) President Kharbari's media people are making a promotional documentary about UTA and want to film us on Monday afternoon, Feb 4. They looked around today and liked the idea of shots of someone “taking data” in the barium room, people "working on" the mothership / TeaPot, and someone shining colorful laser beams and taking images in the fluorescence room.  I recommend everyone who works on those things be around to be filmed Monday at 2.30pm.

2) APS is flying a camera crew down to make a short film about the UTA HEP / NP group on Feb 7, next Thursday. We do not yet know what they will want to film, but they will almost certainly think our stuff is cool and visual, so lets also be ready for action shots next Friday, times TBC.

The labs will need to be tidied to “TV level” for these events.  I suggest that we all reserve Monday morning for a deep clean / setting up cool stuff session.  Please wear something you want the world to see you doing physics in, but also be absolutely sure to wear appropriate PPE - which of course, we should be absolutely sure to do always, whether cameras are running or not.

It should be a lot of fun!

=====
Ben Jones
Assistant Professor of Physics