Hey guys,

I am sharing the job and internship opportunities I have received recently for your consideration and pursuit.
  1. Brunswick Group - Summer Internship (DFW)
    1. Summer Internship program at a global research firm.
    2. MSMR students have won internships at Brunswick in each of the past three years; all have been able to impress them enough to earn full-time positions at the end of their internships.  This is not a promise of a job offer, but a challenge to the student who applies and (hopefully) wins the position to maintain our high performance levels.
    3. Visa Sponsorship: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
    4. Apply Here
  2. City Internships Program (Multiple Cities)
    1. Summer internship partnership that is open to undergraduate and graduate students with internships for marketing research (among other fields) in cities around the world.
    2. I have no information about this one beyond that available on their website.  It does appear to be a program that requires students to pay a fee for the internship, which is not optimal.  I would recommend that you investigate it and let me know if you have questions or see something to suggest this is not a good fit for our program.
    3. Visa Sponsorship: Because this is a dedicated internship program, I do not believe that visa sponsorship will be an issue.
    4. Apply Here
  3. Hero Pet Brands - Masters Summer Associate - Marketing (DFW)
    1. Assigned to active projects designed to simultaneously develop skills while positively impacting the business.
    2. This contact came through the College of Business corporate relationships group and states that there is potential to return as a full-time team member.
    3. Visa Sponsorship: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
    4. See attached description and apply through UTA Handshake.
  4. Fossil - Market Research (DFW)
    1. As a College Intern for our Fossil Market Research team, you will perform analysis on consumer behavior and demographics, market trends, and competitor's assessment, etc.   You will also convert our data into meaningful and actionable business insights.
    2. Contact: We have two program alumni at Fossil, Deepa Iyer and Ananya Chatterjee; Ananya held an intern position at Fossil previously.
    3. Visa Sponsorship: I'm not sure about visa sponsorship, so it's worth applying (I will update if I hear that they do not).
    4. Apply Here
  5. Fossil - Data Analytics Internship (DFW)
    1. As a College intern for our Fossil Data Analytics team, you will help deliver statistical models, segmentation analysis, and customer insights that will inform major marketing, supply chain and other business decisions.  You will also convert our data into meaningful and actionable business analysis and insights.
    2. Contact: We have two program alumni at Fossil, Deepa Iyer and Ananya Chatterjee; Ananya held an intern position at Fossil previously.
    3. Visa Sponsorship: I'm not sure about visa sponsorship, so it's worth applying (I will update if I hear that they do not).
    4. Apply Here
  6. Alcon - Strategic Insights Internship (DFW)
    1. They have not provided any information about the position, but this is the job that Shaivya Bajpai held last year.
    2. Contact: Tracy Trawick, friend of the MSMR program.
    3. Visa Sponsorship: I'm not sure about visa sponsorship, so it's worth applying (I will update if I hear that they do not).
    4. Application: Send your resume to Tracy ([log in to unmask]) no later than February 15th (copy me on the email).
  7. McKesson - Senior Marketing Analyst (DFW)
    1. Primary research manager, mostly managing NPS initiatives throughout the company.  They are seeking someone with at least five years of experience.
    2. Contact: Charles Murphey (MSMR 2013) - [log in to unmask]
    3. Visa Sponsorship: I'm not sure about visa sponsorship, so it's worth applying (I will update if I hear that they do not).
    4. Apply Here
  8. Numerator - Multiple Positions (Multiple Locations)
    1. Positions: Analyst, Research Manager, Consultants
    2. Contact: Fran Guzman, Advisory Board Member - [log in to unmask]
    3. Visa Sponsorship: I'm not sure about visa sponsorship, so it's worth applying (I will update if I hear that they do not)
    4. Apply Here
Please review and let me know if you will be applying for one or more of these positions.  I like to keep track of applicants and to be prepared in case someone calls for a recommendation.

If you are able to secure a position based on an opportunity I share with you, I request that you make a donation to the Stacy Akinyemi Memorial Scholarship.  All donations are appreciated, whether you get a position from these opportunities or not, but I would kindly request that you consider making a donation of $50 for any internship position and a donation of $100 for any full-time position obtained.  Your donation will honor the memory of Stacy AND help students in the years to come.

You may read about Stacy and make a donation here: Stacy Ireti Akinyemi Memorial Endowed Scholarship.

Signature.Scott.Small.png

SCOTT HANSON, PhD  Program Director, MS in Marketing Research
The University of Texas at Arlington
Box 19469, 701 S. West Street, Arlington, TX  76019-0469
O: 817.272.2340   M: 817.994.6985