Hello everyone,

I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to forward

this email invitation to your departmental listservs and invite faculty,

graduate students and undergraduate students as appropriate.

Please join us for Dr. Ned Schaumberg’s presentation, “Liquid Language:

Reading for Water in an Era of Water Crises.”

Thursday, February 28, 3:30, at Business (COBA) 245E at UTA,

701 S West St, Arlington, TX 76010.

Ned Schaumberg is currently the Seedbox Postdoctoral fellow at UT-Arlington. The Seedbox is a research collaboratory based at Linköping University, Sweden that examines the role of the humanities in understanding and approaching complex environmental problems. His current book project "Waterlogged: Narrating Hydroecologies in the Anthropocene" examines a range of texts that attempt to describe the experience of water’s flow and circulation, arguing that figurative language and narrative structures play an increasingly important role in understanding water across space and time.

Link to the poster and more information: https://nedschaumberg.com/2019/02/01/february-28-lecture/

I have no doubt this will be a fascinating lecture and a lively discussion.

We hope to see you there!

Best wishes,

Stacy

Dr. Stacy Alaimo

Professor of English, Distinguished Teaching Professor

Co-President of ASLE (Association for the Study of Literature and Environment)

https://www.stacyalaimo.com