Greetings,

The April 2019 Maverick Cyber Security newsletter is now available!  You are welcome to download and share the content with your students, family, and friends via email; however, do not post the documents to public facing websites.

We hope you enjoy this monthly addition to our Information Security Awareness Program here at UT Arlington.

Information Security Awareness Materials
https://mavsuta.sharepoint.com/sites/iso-awareness

April 2019 - Newsletter

April 2019 – Poster

April 2019 Cyber Security Awareness Newsletter:

Privacy, PII, & ID Theft:

How do you prevent data breaches at work? What do you do if your personal data is involved in a breach? Is it possible to maintain privacy in a constantly connected world so immersed in technology? In this issue, we address these questions and uncover solutions for maintaining security at work, at home, and on the go. It begins with a field guide to PII, continues with five steps for preventing identity theft, and ends by identifying the most common causes of data breaches—all while highlighting the non-technical, human side of protecting data!

Scavenger Hunt Questions (and Answers):

1.     Home address, national ID number, and personal phone number are all examples of what? (personally identifiable info or PII)

2.     Before recycling old smart devices, you should do this. (delete all data and restore to factory default)

3.     True or false: Emails from your boss can always be trusted and are never phishing attacks. (false)

4.     Circumventing this, whether intentionally or accidentally, can lead to data leaks. (organizational security policy)

5.      If you fear your highly sensitive data has been compromised, you should do this to prevent unauthorized credit checks. (Freeze your credit reports)

Link to NewsLetter

Posters are a wonderful way to share tips with faculty, staff, and students in passing, or when waiting.  Feel free to print and post these items in high traffic areas.  Best printed on 11x17 paper.

Click Here for April's 2019 Poster

Previous Newsletter Issues
All awareness materials are available on the Info Sec Awareness site!

Archived Cyber Security Newsletters may also be found on the Information Security Office Website at www.uta.edu/security/newsletters/index.php