Colleagues,

Some of you may know that I run a digital music archive for local music called MusicDetour. The archive is housed in the Center for Theory as a praxis project. I’m happy to announce that the archive has a new website after two years of work (thanks to my former Graduate Research Assistants Cole, Himat, and Biswa). We have over 50 bands including Dan Cavanaugh (Chair of the Department of Music). For further information, you can read this post.

Have a great summer!

David

David Arditi, PhD

Associate Professor of Sociology

Director – Center for Theory

University of Texas Arlington

Author of iTake Over: The Recording Industry in the Digital Era

MusicDetour: The DFW Local Music Archive