Greetings,

The May 2019 Maverick Cyber Security newsletter is now available!  You are welcome to download and share the content with your students, family, and friends via email; however, do not post the documents to public facing websites.

We hope you enjoy this monthly addition to our Information Security Awareness Program here at UT Arlington.

Information Security Awareness Materials
https://mavsuta.sharepoint.com/sites/iso-awareness

May 2019 - Newsletter

May 2019 – Poster

May 2019 Cyber Security Awareness Newsletter:

Good Device Hygiene:

Like automobiles, buildings, and our own bodies, devices require a bit of maintenance. Ignoring simple actions, such as updating apps and deleting/organizing files, not only leads to degraded performance, it also invites security risks. In this edition, we focus on those risks and highlight how they can be avoided both at work and at home.

Scavenger Hunt Questions (and Answers):

1.     This software can create, store, and sync all of your login credentials across multiple devices. (password manager)

2.     To avoid becoming a victim of credential stuffing you should never reuse _____. (passwords/login credentials)

3.     If you ever find a random USB device such as a flash drive or cable, never plug it in and, instead, do this. (report it ASAP)

4.     To prevent cybercriminals from stealing your data over public WiFi, use one of these to encrypt your connection. (a VPN or virtual private network.)

5.     Data is useless if it can’t be _____. (accessed/located)

Link to NewsLetter

Posters are a wonderful way to share tips with faculty, staff, and students in passing, or when waiting.  Feel free to print and post these items in high traffic areas.  Best printed on 11x17 paper.

Click Here for May's 2019 Poster

Previous Newsletter Issues
All awareness materials are available on the Info Sec Awareness site!

Archived Cyber Security Newsletters may also be found on the Information Security Office Website at www.uta.edu/security/newsletters/index.php