Hello all,

I just wanted to send a quick reminder about our groups policy on high voltage testing, since there are some things we are trying to get done before the CM -

Any new system that has not had HV applied before should be inspected by either (a) a person at faculty level or (b) a representative from ES&H. They should ideally be present during first usage to supervise the procedure. Jonathan has kindly volunteered to inspect in then past when Dave and I have both been away, so I cc him here (though I do not now his plans or physical location this week).

Also a note that although we are trying to get HV data before the CM, nothing is urgent enough to cut corners when it comes to safety.  When it comes to HV, if it can’t be done carefully, don’t do it.

Thanks, all!

=====
Ben Jones
Assistant Professor of Physics