Greetings,

The July 2019 Maverick Cyber Security newsletter is now available!  You are welcome to download and share the content with your students, family, and friends via email; however, do not post the documents to public facing websites.

We hope you enjoy this monthly addition to our Information Security Awareness Program here at UT Arlington. Also, we highly recommend that you check out the Cyber Smart Initiative on the Homeland Security website.

Information Security Awareness Materials
https://mavsuta.sharepoint.com/sites/iso-awareness

July 2019 - Newsletter

July 2019 – Poster

Click here to open an accessible version of the Newsletter

July 2019 Cyber Security Awareness Newsletter:

Creating a Security-Forward Culture – Blurb and Scavenger Hunt Questions

Culture traditionally refers to the shared customs, arts, and other characteristics of specific groups of people. Similarly, the security awareness culture of an organization refers to the shared human effort of information security. Creating a culture of security aware individuals requires the participation of every employee, from executives to the front desk. In this month’s newsletter, we examine the steps that everyone can take to improve culture and put security first in the workplace.

Scavenger Hunt Questions (and Answers):

  1. When you hear or see a security incident you should do this ASAP. (report it)
  2. These exist to reduce security incidents and increase the overall strength of our organization’s security culture. (policies)
  3. Limiting the amount of personal info you make public can help deter this. (data mining or social media data mining)
  4. These come with many risks and should be avoided whenever possible. (shared accounts)
  5. Circumventing _____ for any reason increases risk. (policies)

Link to NewsLetter

Link to Accessible version of NewsLetter

Posters are a wonderful way to share tips with faculty, staff, and students in passing, or when waiting.  Feel free to print and post these items in high traffic areas.  Best printed on 11x17 paper.

Click Here for July’s 2019 Poster

Previous Newsletter Issues
All awareness materials are available on the Info Sec Awareness site!

Archived Cyber Security Newsletters may also be found on the Information Security Office Website at www.uta.edu/security/newsletters/index.php