Hi Colleagues,

This coming Monday is the first Center for Theory Colloquium of the year. Dan Levine from UTA's Psychology department will be presenting "Healing the Reason-Emotion Split: Scarecrows, Tin Woodmen, and the Wizard." The Colloquium is at Noon in University Hall 432. Please circulate the flyer<http://www.uta.edu/theory/images/Levine_Colloquium_2-23-19.jpg>.

Also, big news. We have space for the Ben Agger Theory Library. The library is housed in University Hall 228. So far we have 160 books (always looking for more). We're still organizing, but it is a nice space with a comfy chair and a round table. In the future, I would like to allow people to book the space for small meetings. And you are always welcome to use as a study space. For now, my Research Assistant Charles Vogel will be holding office hours there Monday-Thursday Noon-2pm and Friday Noon-1pm (except during colloquia). If you would like to go a different time, please let me know and I can coordinate access for you through the Sociology front office. We'll have a grand opening at some point. More details to follow on the space.

Best,
David

David Arditi
Associate Professor of Sociology