Dear students,

As we approach the end of the semester, many of you will be traveling internationally. The Office of International Education would like to help make that process a little easier for you this semester. As you know, in order to re-enter the United States on an F-1 visa, you must have an I-20 with a travel endorsement on page 2 that is less than 1 year old.

In order to expedite the process for obtaining a travel signature, we’re going to have an advisor’s table at this week’s Global Grounds strictly for the purposes of signing I-20 documents for travel. Come have a cup of our world famous chai tea while you wait for your travel signature! The event will take place on Thursday, December 5, from 4:00 pm-5:30 pm in Palo Duro Lounge of the University Center.

Please note that there are some important things to keep in mind about this event:

1. We will only be signing I-20’s for travel. If you have a question for an immigration advisor, please come see us during our normal advising hours.

2. If you are currently on academic probation, we will not be able to sign your I-20 for travel at this time. Please submit your travel signature request to the Office of International Education after grades are posted for the Fall 2019 semester.

3. If you already have a valid travel endorsement on page 2 of the Form I-20, you do not need to obtain a new one. The travel endorsement for enrolled students is valid for 1 year. We typically sign for travel even when students have made other requests such as CPT or an I-20 edit. Please check your most recent I-20 for a valid travel signature.

4. On a related note, if you plan to apply for an I-20 edit between now and the time that you plan to travel, you do not need to request a travel signature I-20 at this time. We will sign for travel when we issue the new I-20 for CPT or for the Final Semester waiver, etc. If you already have a request pending, you do not need to come request a travel signature.

Good luck studying for finals! We hope to see you tomorrow!