Dear Colleagues,

As many of you know, to commemorate Ben Agger’s contributions to social theory we founded the Ben Agger Theory Library at the University of Texas at Arlington. The library is a growing part of the UT-Arlington intellectual community with an expanding selection of books. In it, we house most of Ben Agger’s books, a large selection of social and humanistic theory books, and a growing number of books by people who presented at the Center for Theory’s Colloquium Series.

I’m writing you as friends, colleagues, alumni, and intellectually like-minded academics to see if you would be interested in contributing to the Ben Agger Theory Library. We’re seeking donations to grow the book collection and support the facility. These donations could be in-kind book contributions or monetary donations for the Center. I’d be especially interested in housing your own books on our shelves.

We’d also be happy to accept donations to support Fast Capitalism and UTA’s Center for Theory.

If you can contribute, please contact me and/or our development officer, Jacob Singletary ([log in to unmask]). Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

David

Dr. David Arditi

Associate Professor of Sociology

Director of the Center for Theory

University of Texas at Arlington

Author of Getting Signed: Record Contracts, Musicians and Power in Society