[cid:image001.jpg@01D73519.F76820D0]

Dear Colleagues,

As many of you know and participate in the Center for Theory, I’m reaching out to you to help increase the funding for the 2021-22 school year. Please consider making a donation for MavsDay and please circulate this to your networks. MavsDay is Thursday April 22, but feel free to make a donation today!

At the Center for Theory, our mission is to enrich and engage the intellectual community of UT-Arlington and DFW at large. Through our suite of initiatives, and with the support of friends and neighbors like you, we have been working hard toward our mission for 20 years, and we are looking for your continued support.

Our paid research assistantships give graduate students the opportunity to learn skills that enhance their resumes and contribute to their status as quality candidates in the workforce. Our Colloquium Speaker Series creates a platform for students and the wider public to access cutting edge scholarship that address the pressing issues of our time. Fast Capitalism is a free, open-access academic journal that publishes scholarship about the impact of rapid information and communication technologies on self, society, and culture in the 21st century. The Ben Agger Theory Library serves as a community gathering space for study, scholarship, and intellectual fellowship. It houses the founding director and former Dean of the College of Liberal Arts, Ben Agger’s, books and a curated collection of cultural, humanistic, and social theory. And finally, Music Detour is an open-access digital depository for music created and performed in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. It serves as a hub for local musicians and fans to interact through social pages that help them connect and promote their work.

UTA's MavsDay is the perfect opportunity for you to donate to The Center for Theory in support of our suite of initiatives. With your contribution, we will continue our work into the coming season.

Would you please consider making a donation to help us kick off our campaign?

CLICK HERE TO DONATE <https://www.give.uta.edu/Center-for-Theory>

Thanks so much for your support, and we hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

David Arditi

David Arditi
Associate Professor of Sociology