Colleagues,

Please share this with any Master’s students who may interested in a PhD program. This is my alma mater and I am happy to answer questions.

Best,

David

From: Cultural Studies PhD Program <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2022 4:36 PM
To: Arditi, David M <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Cultural Studies PhD Program is now accepting applications.

[External]

For full consideration apply by January 15.

Cultural Studies

PhD Program: Call for Applications for Fall 2023

The Cultural Studies PhD Program at George Mason University is now accepting applications for Fall 2023. The program is the oldest of its kind in the US: a stand-alone, post-MA doctoral program providing interdisciplinary training in the traditions of cultural studies.

Topicality is our watchword. We offer coursework in gender, sexuality, race, biopolitics, globalization, science and technology, and political economy, as well as mass, visual, textual, and digital culture.

Recent dissertations include research on: the Radical Faeries; Whole Foods; the business of “mindfulness;” the iconography around President Obama; the birth of the modern organ transplant industry; the current place of literature outside the academy; excessive policing; greeenwashing, and much more ….

Our student body is diverse and international, and program alumni have had notable success as researchers and instructors.

Courses are scheduled so that all classes run once a week, Monday through Thursday, in the late afternoons and evenings; part-time study is possible. TAships, RAships, and other forms of financial support are available for qualified applicants. We call special attention to the Graduate Inclusion and Access Scholarship.

For more information...

Please consult our web site, starting with this description of Cultural Studies.

For admissions information please visit our website for program and college requirements. We can waive the GRE requirement upon request.

Please contact program’s interim directorRoger Lancaster, if you would like to discuss the program.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Phone: (703) 993 - 2851

Email: [log in to unmask]

Facebook | Twitter

Campus Maps & Directions

Cultural Studies Program | 4400 University Drive, MSN 5E4, Fairfax, VA 22030