Colleagues,

One thing I always discuss in my classes, especially when we go over Gramsci and Du Bois, is that leaders have degrees in the liberal arts. This article in the Washington Post<https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2022/10/28/congress-college-majors-economics/> breaks down what members of Congress majored in. Notice there is fully one STEM field represented; that field is Biology, a field hardly meant when politicians mention funding STEM. If they did a broader study of leaders in the government, business, non-profit sector, education, they would find much the same. There is no greater defense of the liberal arts than this chart.
[cid:image001.png@01D8EAEE.F64D3280]
Best,
David

Dr. David Arditi