[Knowledge Services Logo]<https://www.uta.edu/business-affairs/training/index.php>
This message is being distributed on behalf of
The Office of Regulatory Services.
UTA Export Controls Discussion

Join UTA's Office of Regulatory Services for a virtual discussion on export controls in research on October 31, 2023, from 10 am to 11 am.

Discussion topics include the essentials of export controls, why compliance is imperative to UTA research, methods for mitigating personal risk, and more:

*

Export Controls - Learn about export controls pertaining to UTA research programs and why compliance is imperative to our success.

*

Deemed Exports - We will discuss deemed exports and how we can mitigate our risk for violations.

*

International Traffic in Arms Regulations - Learn about what types of equipment and projects may be controlled under the ITAR.

*

Export Administration Regulations - Learn what types of equipment and projects may be controlled under the EAR.

*

Fundamental Research - Learn how to properly identify projects as fundamental research.

*

PI Responsibilities - Learn about your responsibilities and how to reduce personal liability for violations.
*If you plan to attend, please register to attend by completing a short questionnaire here<https://utaedu.questionpro.com/t/AUDD5Z0GNU>.* Prior to the event, all registrants will receive a Teams meeting invite. Please e-mail questions to the Office of Regulatory Services at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact Knowledge Services at 817-272-2155<tel:817-272-2155>, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, chat<https://www.uta.edu/business-affairs/training/training-chat-support.php> or open a Service Now Ticket<https://uta.service-now.com/selfservice>.
Join or Leave Listserv <https://listserv.uta.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=BATRAINING&A=1> | Financial Topics<https://www.uta.edu/business-affairs/training/training-page-utshare-financial.php> | HR Topics<https://www.uta.edu/business-affairs/training/training-page-UTShare-hr.php> | Registration<https://webapp.uta.edu/oci-training/>