MSMR-GRADS Archives

MSMR Alumni/ae List

MSMR-GRADS@LISTSERV.UTA.EDU

From:
"Hanson, Scott" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hanson, Scott
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2019 19:03:02 +0000
Hey guys,

I only have two opportunities this week, both with American Airlines.

Here is the first: Senior Analyst, Sales Strategy

[Company Logo]

[https://performancemanager4.successfactors.com/ui/uicore/img/email_footer_right.png]

Analyst (Senior), Sales Strategy

Location: AA Headquarters 1 (DFW-HDQ1)

Additional Locations: None

Requisition ID: 26871

Overview

Join us for a career with endless possibilities.

Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You’ve come to the right place.

You don’t have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.

What does it take to join us? We’re glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.

Fortunately, we’re building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry – and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.

About The Job

This job is a member of the Sales Strategy team within the Sales Division. The Sales Strategy Team shapes and executes the strategy of the Global Sales organization and collaboratively engages with Sales divisions and other key departments within American. This position will be responsible for leading projects to increase American’s performance with key corporate and agency customers and owning the strategic analysis and reporting of the Global Sales organization.

Specifically, you’ll do the following:

  *   ​Engages in performance analysis, strategic planning and executes ad-hoc projects

  *   Collaborates with counterparts in the wider Global Sales organization, as well as Revenue Management, Customer Insights & Loyalty, Network Planning and other commercial groups

  *   Uses, maintains, and enhances Excel and Tableau-based analytical tools

  *   Conducts ad-hoc projects related to markets, customers and strategic initiatives such as new route recommendations, strategies to support new or existing markets and enhances American's value proposition for targeted customer segments

  *   Advocates for the customer to ensure that American is making the right decisions to earn their loyalty

  *   Must be willing to travel for business as needed

Qualifications

Required Qualifications

  *   ​Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience/training

  *   2 years work experience in Sales, Revenue Management, frequent flyer programs, Network Planning and/or Alliances

  *   ​Skills in strategic thinking and attention to detail

  *   Strong analytical skills and experience with data manipulation, including the ability to evaluate large amounts of data quickly and draw data-driven conclusions and recommendations

  *   Strong communication and presentation skills, including building presentations for senior leadership and public speaking

  *   Strong interpersonal skills including leadership, collaboration and cultural awareness

  *   Solid business acumen and a willingness to dig deep to find the best answer

  *   Knowledge of data analysis tools – Tableau, SQL, Cognos

  *   Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)

  *   Knowledge of frequently used Global Sales Data sources (MIRS, PRISM, DDS, MIDT, Diio, etc.)

  *   Proven ability to collaborate across departments

Additional Locations: None

Job Level: 3, 4

Requisition ID: 26871

Apply to this job now...<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fperformancemanager4.successfactors.com%2Fsf%2Femailjobtofriend%3FjobId%3D26871%26company%3DamericairP%26username%3D&data=02%7C01%7Cscott.hanson%40uta.edu%7Cc62d3488f2704b40418408d6913176d8%7C5cdc5b43d7be4caa8173729e3b0a62d9%7C0%7C0%7C636856039029226404&sdata=%2FCFsJO%2BMqhhpUli1N2c006R1RP1JqwJCslH34BOO3fc%3D&reserved=0>

The second is a Senior Analyst in the Customer Advocacy group (see attached).

If you have any questions about these opportunities, feel free to reach out to Sara Baker ([log in to unmask]).

Good luck!

[Signature.Scott.Small.png]

SCOTT HANSON, PhD  Program Director, MS in Marketing Research

The University of Texas at Arlington

Box 19469, 701 S. West Street, Arlington, TX  76019-0469

O: 817.272.2340   M: 817.994.6985

[log in to unmask]<https://legacy.uta.edu/owa/jshanson@exchange.uta.edu/redir.aspx?SURL=GEuqqnIbcn9RB2cklrIuJGsYdmip_KHmRh7P0yzkFbkpcR3o5fDSCG0AYQBpAGwAdABvADoAcwBjAG8AdAB0AC4AaABhAG4AcwBvAG4AQAB1AHQAYQAuAGUAZAB1AA..&URL=mailto%3ascott.hanson%40uta.edu>

http://wweb.uta.edu/marketing/msmr.html<https://legacy.uta.edu/owa/jshanson@exchange.uta.edu/redir.aspx?SURL=e0H3hXzJO1a0WkeO4MNAb5LzXZ528aM8z-ksVf5yHjApcR3o5fDSCGgAdAB0AHAAOgAvAC8AdwB3AGUAYgAuAHUAdABhAC4AZQBkAHUALwBtAGEAcgBrAGUAdABpAG4AZwAvAG0AcwBtAHIALgBoAHQAbQBsAA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwweb.uta.edu%2fmarketing%2fmsmr.html>