MSMR-GRADS Archives

MSMR Alumni/ae List

MSMR-GRADS@LISTSERV.UTA.EDU

From:
"Hanson, Scott" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hanson, Scott
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 2020 17:04:38 +0000
Hey guys,

The Shorthorn article on Bob Rogers was posted early this morning.  Here is a link for those who would like to read it: https://www.theshorthorn.com/news/uta-community-remembers-bob-rogers/article_bf614c06-09d2-11eb-845f-27af487e791e.html

Here is the content of his obituary:

Dr. Robert Dennis Rogers, 75, of Denton, Texas.  Robert, Bob, Bobbo, Grandpa, GPa was born October 2, 1944 in Lincoln, Nebraska to E. Marjorie (Mull) Rogers (1920-2009) and Gifford E. Rogers (1920-1992. Bob died September 10, 2020 of COVID-19. He leaves behind his wife, Janet (married 51 years) of Denton, Texas; daughter Dawn (Tom) Lampert of Centennial, Colorado and son Steven Rogers (Lara) of Dallas, Texas. Grandsons: Christopher Porter, Irving, Texas; Zachary Bigelow of Centennial, Colorado; Tallan, Asher and Keane (“Keano”) Rogers of Dallas, Texas; step grandchildren Elise (Liam) Kelly and daughter, Naomi, Thomas, Daniel, and Alex Lampert. He is survived by three bothers, Michael Rogers (Janet) of Santa Barbara, California, Barry Rogers (Mary Margaret) of Albuquerque, New Mexico and Gifford Rogers (Sharon) of Franklin, Michigan; brother-in-law Kenneth Bauer (Linda) of Vero Beach, Florida. A host of wonderful nieces and nephews will remember Uncle Bob (UB) with fondness. Bob valued his family above most everything else in life (perhaps golf being the exception.)

Bob received his primary school education in several Latin-American countries and he graduated high school from The Bolles School Jacksonville, Florida in 1962. He received his Bachelor of Arts, Master of Arts, and Doctor of Philosophy from the university of Nebraska-Lincoln. His teaching career in Marketing started at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, University of Georgia-Athens 1977-1981, The University of New Mexico 1981-2005 and University of Texas at Arlington 2007-2017. He also enjoyed working for Intel Corporation in Rio Rancho, New Mexico and travelling to most all of their foreign sites. He loved telling people how many times he retired!

He served in the Army as a medic with Special Forces Team B-51in Viet Nam (1966-1968.) during which he received an “Award of the Army Commendation Medal for Heroism (July 25, 1968.)

Aside from his love of family, Bob’s most long-lasting hobbies and passions included playing golf, watching Cornhusker football, traveling, and playing Sudoku. He had lately become fond of brewing beer with his buddy and neighbor Steve Russell. In retirement he also took guitar lessons and continued to brag about his digital music collection.

Bob was an intelligent, loyal, loving, strong, sometimes-salty, teddy bear of a man and he will be missed dearly by many.

I believe that his wife, Janet, is monitoring his email ([log in to unmask]), so I would encourage anyone who wishes to do so to send a note to her at that address.

I will be working on the YouTube page this weekend, so please send me any video contant you would like to include in that page.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can be of assistance.

[Signature.Scott.Small.png]

SCOTT HANSON, PhD  Program Director, MS in Marketing Research
The University of Texas at Arlington
Box 19469, 701 S. West Street, Arlington, TX  76019-0469
M: 817.994.6985

[log in to unmask]<https://legacy.uta.edu/owa/jshanson@exchange.uta.edu/redir.aspx?SURL=GEuqqnIbcn9RB2cklrIuJGsYdmip_KHmRh7P0yzkFbkpcR3o5fDSCG0AYQBpAGwAdABvADoAcwBjAG8AdAB0AC4AaABhAG4AcwBvAG4AQAB1AHQAYQAuAGUAZAB1AA..&URL=mailto%3ascott.hanson%40uta.edu>
http://wweb.uta.edu/marketing/msmr.html<https://legacy.uta.edu/owa/jshanson@exchange.uta.edu/redir.aspx?SURL=e0H3hXzJO1a0WkeO4MNAb5LzXZ528aM8z-ksVf5yHjApcR3o5fDSCGgAdAB0AHAAOgAvAC8AdwB3AGUAYgAuAHUAdABhAC4AZQBkAHUALwBtAGEAcgBrAGUAdABpAG4AZwAvAG0AcwBtAHIALgBoAHQAbQBsAA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwweb.uta.edu%2fmarketing%2fmsmr.html>