SOCI-L Archives

Sociology Students

SOCI-L@LISTSERV.UTA.EDU

From:
"Baldon, Suzanne" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Baldon, Suzanne
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 08:50:20 -0600
-----Original Message-----

From: Linda Capato [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 4:20 PM

To: Baldon, Suzanne

Subject: A Semester Opportunity with Greenpeace

Dear Professor Baldon,

Students are back, classes have started, and now is a great time to tell

them all about the exciting opportunities Greenpeace has to offer

undergraduates.

The Greenpeace Organizing Term (http://www.greenpeace.org/got) is a

semester long training packed with travel, and most of our graduates

learned about the opportunity from their professors.

Please forward the note below to students who may be interested in this

semester long program.  Spaces fill up quickly so be sure to tell your

students so they don't miss out!

We also have great opportunities for YOU.  Join like-minded professors by

becoming a member of our professor network.  As a member of the network you

will receive two emails each semester asking for suggestions of names of

students you think would be great for the program.  Also, we will share

informational materials with you to distribute to interested students.

Please write back to this email if you are interested in joining our

network.

Thank you for your support of the Greenpeace Organizing Term!

Sincerely,

Linda Capato and Kate Bower

Recruitment Coordinators

Greenpeace Organizing Term

877-450-3517 ext. 320

202-319-2468

http://www.greenpeace.org/got

:::PLEASE FORWARD:::

Students,

I am writing to alert you about an exciting opportunity: the Greenpeace

Organizing Term (GOT).  The GOT is an action-packed semester of travel and

training. It's a hands-on training program designed to give you the skills

to be an environmental leader.

You'll learn about current environmental issues and solutions while being

trained by experts in grassroots organizing, leadership, media, and

campaign strategy.

You'll travel internationally with Greenpeace to work with activists

abroad. Also, you'll learn how to engage in peaceful direct action, climb,

and drive Greenpeace boats!

On top of all of that, many students are able to receive class credit for

the semester.

ACTION * TRAVEL * TRAINING

Spend a Semester with Greenpeace

http://www.greenpeace.org/got

Summer and Fall programs are filling up, and early applications are due

March 7th.

Apply at http://www.greenpeace.org/got.

The semester is offered in the Washington D.C. and San Francisco Greenpeace

offices.

Contact program staff with questions at [log in to unmask] or

877-450-3517 ext. 320.

For a green and peaceful future,

Linda Capato and Kate Bower

Greenpeace USA

http://www.greenpeace.org/got

Graduating soon? Exciting jobs for college grads to stop global warming!

Apply today at: http://members.greenpeace.org/survey/start/41/

--

This message has been sent to the email address provided by your

organization. If you are not interested, and would prefer to not receive

any future messages, please let us know by visiting