THEORYCENTER Archives

Center for Theory

THEORYCENTER@LISTSERV.UTA.EDU

From:
"Arditi, David M" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Center for Theory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 2016 18:55:01 +0000
Colleagues,

We had a great meeting yesterday about the Center for Theory. Thanks to everyone who attended. Several items came up at the meeting about which I wanted to request input from everyone.

*         Faculty Affiliates - We discussed having a list of faculty who are interested in theory on the Center's website. We would like to use this as an opportunity for faculty and graduate students to become aware of colleagues' research interests. If you are interested in being listed, please contact me. Include several key words about your research that we can post on the website.

*         Reading Groups - We are going to create several reading groups, and list them on the website. We just need volunteers from faculty who are interested in running a reading group. Tim Richardson already has a Lacan reading group that we will be listing on the website. Please let me know your thoughts.

*         Colloquia - Please let me know if you are interested in presenting a paper at the colloquium series. We could have one or two at the end of the semester, and 3-4 next semester.

I'll keep you updated as things come together. Please feel free to let me know if you have any other ideas or wish to contribute in another way.

Thanks,
David

David Arditi, PhD
Assistant Professor of Sociology