THEORYCENTER Archives

Center for Theory

THEORYCENTER@LISTSERV.UTA.EDU

From:
"Arditi, David M" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Center for Theory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2019 15:26:12 +0000
Dear Colleagues,

Hope you've had a restful summer! I'm happy to announce that The Dialectic of Digital Culture is published<https://blog.uta.edu/digitaldialectic/2019/08/16/the-dialectic-of-digital-culture-published/>. This was a project by the Center for Theory that began with the idea from the Spring 2017 Colloquium Series entitled "Digital Dialectic." The book was coedited by myself and Jennifer Miller (English) and has contributions from UTA faculty Tim Morris (English) and Amy Speier (Anthropology). We started a blog<http://blog.uta.edu/digitaldialectic> that we will use to engage contradictions in digital culture. If you ever feel like you have something that you would like to contribute to the blog (posts, recent publications, etc.), please let me know and I will post them.

We are planning a roundtable on digital culture this semester to align with UTA's Data Driven Society strategic initiative. The roundtable will be tentatively called "Digital Culture: Promises, Progress, and Power." I'll announce when we have formalized details for this.

Keep an eye-out for the Fall Colloquium schedule.

Best,
David

David Arditi, PhD
Associate Professor of Sociology